Home security cameras can solely be installed as a deterrent—something that tells criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your security cameras to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Fortunately, the latest security cameras arrive equipped with an array of features all tailor-made to deliver total protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detection, these tools enable you to get the most from security cameras in Blacksburg.
How To Set Up Your Blacksburg Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to upgrading your home security cameras is mounting them in the best places within your home. Interior security cameras should be placed in frequented areas like the kitchen or den. It’s also a smart idea to set a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas intruders would have to move around to access the rest of your house. Exterior security cameras should provide a clear scene of your porch, driveway, front and yards, shed, and other outdoor detached buildings, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your main entryway via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places within your house that are less important to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, installing a camera in the bedroom could hinder your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you need a form of security in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Security Cameras
Camera location is only the first step in utilizing the most from home security cameras in Blacksburg. The innovations shown below help to maximize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Receive automatic notifications on your smart device whenever abnormal activity is detected. You can also configure cameras to begin recording when movements are detected which serves to add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your video surveillance to record and save clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way audio: Most of modern security cameras have a built-in microphone and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone through the camera. Via ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re home or greet your kids as they get home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view determines how much a lens can see, and provides a more comprehensive look at any space. Check for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree coverage or that are able to pan all the way around for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your home security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will capture clips of pitch black movement.
- Activity zones: Activity zones offer you the opportunity to secure single areas within your living space.. For example, you can program your doorbell camera to alert you of activity occurring on your yard or your driveway and overlook animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app should send timely notifications when the detect something unusual taking place around your house.
Get Your Home Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your video surveillance in Blacksburg is more simple. From ultra fast motion detection to two-way talk, your home security system is elevated from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (540) 212-4532 or complete the form below to start customizing your home security and camera system today.