How Does Geofencing In Blacksburg Work With A Home Security System?
Today's smart security installations are becoming more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, you may still fail to perform easy security chores like arming your home security, closing the garage, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to concern yourself with these tasks again? With geofencing in Blacksburg, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Blacksburg For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual border along the sides of your property, which you may customize within your cell phone app. This modern home security option then uses your phone to deduce when you go past the boundary and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing relies on z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components use to communicate with one another. This innovative approach aids your security system by putting all elements onto one, unified network. You can draw a virtual “fence” on all sides of your house and designate the specific actions you want to occur when you cross the prearranged border line.
For instance, shortly after you pull away from your property, you could set your security system to secure your front and back doors, shut the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can inform your system to disarm alarms, raise the garage door, activate lighting, and even adjust your smart thermostat.
Below are a handful of the technologies you will be able to command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices such as TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Smartphone App
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your home security system in Blacksburg. With the ADT Control app, you can make the most of smart home automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you can:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to activate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to dim to tell you that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain devices engage based on another activity. Have your thermostat activate the fan when the CO detector is set off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway when your security camera senses unusual motion in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Create custom room scenes with components that function in concert with each other. Make your lights lower, the temperature go down, and the smart door locks activate when the day is done. Or set the mood for movie night with preset light and HVAC adjustments.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to arm your alarm system when you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you'll never forget to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Blacksburg
Whether you desire added peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with one of our knowledgeable team members today at (540) 212-4532 or send in the form below to begin customizing your optimal security system.