If you’re like a lot of residents, you want your home to be protected 24/7. but, do home security systems work in Blacksburg?
The easy answer: you bet. But you have to choose the right devices to benefit the most from home security. Not only will the alarms and sensors bring excellent peace-of-mind, the state-of-the-art components offer a level of efficiency and control you may not have thought about previously. By using automation, security cameras, and remote access through a smartphone app, you can make a secure smart home.
Let's stop for a moment to explore why a home security system is the best plan for your home.
Indispensable Security Components
To know your Blacksburg home security system works to the best of its ability, you have to get these necessary home security components:
- Entryway sensors: You may find this weird, but most intruders enter your house by the front door. The other most frequent points of entry are back doors and lower-level windows. For these reasons, door and window sensors are designated the bedrock of your security system. When the security system is activated and your sensors are disturbed, the unmistakable, high-decibel alarm siren will ring and your 24/7 monitoring agents will be pinged.
- Touchscreen smart hub: Gone are the confusing pin pads, as modern smart screens now arm and disarm your entire system. These screens will also control your smart home components, home security cameras, and monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The best security system allow you control every aspect of your house through your security app. Now if device senses something unusual, you have the option to see an instant text to your phone. Also, arm and disarm your alarms anywhere, set smart locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- ADT yard signs and window decals: While there isn’t technology in a yard sign or a window sticker, these can forewarn an aspirational thief that your property is protected.
Will A Alarm System Protect Your Home In Blacksburg?
While it could appear like an exaggeration to install alarms and set-up a security app when you already use door locks and live in a safe town, studies say that home security systems can help secure your property. For example, a report out of Rutger University sees that many burglars will actively avoid houses with a home security system installed. Instead they’ll go and break-into a better mark that is left unsecure.
That correlated with numbers from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. They state that most burglarized houses do not use a security system. In fact, unguarded homes are 300% more likely to be burglarized than homes that are secured. And while showing that your home is protected helps discourage break-ins, other items -- like smart lights and a doorbell security cameras -- can also make your home undesirable to burglars.
Of course, modern home security systems can do much more than buzz an alarm. Nowadays you have some other services that make a home security system safer and energy efficient.
24/7 Monitoring Is A Reliable Backup Plan
Does a home security system work in Blacksburg when they don’t use 24/7 monitoring? Having a outside experts is always the best bet and 24-hour monitoring from security agents can make sure emergency services get there quickly after a triggered sensor.
Monitoring agents will protect you day or night -- whether you are home or not. If you’re out and can’t hear the siren, they’ll notify you and the authorities after a tripped event occurs. Even if you’re in the house, you will be busy making sure family members and animal are safe and accounted for.
Install Similar Monitored Services For Fire, Flood, CO, and Emergency Medical Assistance
When you order your home security system, you can install more than intrusion prevention. equipment like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be integrated into your overall home defense. If an environmental emergency is found, your components will respond just like your security alarms. And when the loud bell goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring agents are contacted, and an alert will show up on your smartphone.
You can even get a panic button, which is effortlessly attached to you or a loved one with a pendant, wrist band, or shirt clip. If there is a fall risk or a serious medical condition, they can simply employ a two-finger button to contact the monitoring team.
Add Safety, Responsiveness And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
The best automation components bring you a tier of control and convenience you’ve never had before. They will make your house more energy-savvy and reactive. And when you pair smart devices to your home security system, they will also make your home that much safer. For example:
- Schedule your smart bulbs to make it appear that your home is full when you’re at work.
- Have your inside smart bulbs come on when your security camera detects sudden motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to lock your smart locks, turn off your smart lights, and turn down the thermostat when you leave for your day.
- Create custom scenes that can set your lighting levels, thermostat, sensors, and other equipment with one tap of a button.
- Or just check up all your alarms and cameras and control your components with your mobile app.
Plus, think of the energy you’ll save with smart devices, and you’ll quickly realize how much you need a modern home security system in Blacksburg. You can even control your components with voice commands when you pair your security system to your Echo or Google Home.
Keep A View On Your Home With Modern Cameras
Security signage and smart lights are effective burglary deterrents, but security cameras can take your security to another level. The last thing an intruder wants is to be taped on camera as the footage could be leveraged against them in a criminal investigation. You can pick from outdoor, indoor, and doorbell cameras, and all will give you live feeds 24-hours a day.
Do you need to check out the commotion you heard outside? Would you need to check on the kids after school? Has a package been delivered yet? All you need is to get the live feed from your ADT Control app. You could also get texts on your mobile device whenever a delivery person comes on your porch or the camera sense sudden motion. You can then speak with visitors with the 2-way talk feature on the app.
How To Custom-Build Your Home Security In Blacksburg?
Want help to create a home security that works in Blacksburg? Our security agents can help you choose the perfect alarms, home automation, and video surveillance that can be used into one affordable plan. Call directly at (540) 212-4532 or send in the form below.